Wednesday, 13 July 2011

"SUNDAY MORNING"

Venue: Jaffery Sports Club
Date: Every Sunday morning and Wednesday night

Every Sunday morning, instead of waking up at noon, we are up by 7 and go for breakfast to the Jaffery Islamic Centre after which our games of football and volleyball begin respectively. We play for about 2 hours in total and it is just a way to get out of my stressful life and IB. It is probably the same for others. It is a lot of fun and it does make you forget all your problems, temporarily at the least. Our friendship with all those who attend gets stronger by the minute every time we play. It is also the perfect way to keep fit.

My objectives for this activity were to meet my friends because of the increased work load at school. It is the only time I get to meet with my friends throughout the week and catch up. It is also a perfect way to improve my game at football and volleyball.

Recently I have joined the junior volleyball team and I have taken part in a tournament already. This took place in October. My game has improved tremendously and I sometimes have the opportunity to play with the seniors.

In the beginning I used to struggle with controlling the direction the ball went after I hit it. Over time my technique got better and I realised the mistake I was doing. My control now is much better the frequency of mistakes I perform in a game is very little. Listening to those who were better than me as well as the seniors helped me achieve this.

Volleyball is an inborn passion. The volleyball I play is the traditional one-touch type. The ball is harder and the net is higher which makes it more challenging. This is a challenge I wish to pursue. Additionally, I can use these qualities outside volleyball for my own good in order to learn things faster.

I have been playing football since I was a child. It is the most played sport in the world and I am proud to be a portion in that number. My game has also improved because of playing it every Sunday morning and I have also been chosen to play in a few tournaments for the Jaffery team. I took part in the Astro-league last year which took place at the Braeburn Garden Estate campus. Now it is only a matter of improving more after mastering the basics of the sport.

I was also part of the ISK soccer team last year. I made new friends and got more experience in the sport. I gained more confidence and also learnt that I couls play two positions instead of one - midfield as well as defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment