Wednesday, 13 July 2011

AL-ASR DEBATE COMPETITION

Venue: Jaffery Islamic Centre
Date: Ramadhan/ 2010

In addition to the quiz competition, these are a series of debate competitions between different previously selected teams over different subjects, all from various aspects of life, including real-life examples. I also got the 'Best Speaker' award the previous year. This was a great help in the field of public speaking and boosted my confidence in daily life. I also got an interest in the Model United Nations club which I have joined at ISK.

I believe that public speaking is essential for someone. It is a great aid in helping someone get what he wants. It is also a sign of confidence and the general outlook of a person improves if he or she is able to speak well and in public. Furthermore, there is less chance of being misunderstood because if one is able to speak well, the other person is able to understand well hence you will be able to get your point through clearly. This is what I have learnt through this experience and is also another reason why joined the Model United Nations Club. This will be talked about in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment