Venue: Jaffery Islamic Centre
Date: 27, 28, 29/ August/ 2010
E'tikaaf is an Islamic activity that takes place in the Muslim mosque for a minimum of three days. It was one of the Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) practices. E'tikaaf is meant to cleanse oneself through prayer and supplication in the state of fasting. It is a time when you get closer to God and come to know more about the religion through activities like lecturers by great speakers from our community around the globe, debates, discussions and many other activities.
This was an enjoyable as well as an eye-opening experience for me. Truthfully, I came to know more about my religion and its beauty hence taking me closer to God. Furthermore, I gained knowledge about things that I had never heard of before, from the Quran and real-life practical examples. I also learnt 'akhlaaq' which means 'etiquettes' in different aspects of life. I learnt how ignorance is NOT bliss and that practicing it can degrade oneself mentally as well as spiritually. I learnt how life is too short and that death can come to us at any time hence giving me a more serious approach towards my own life and a spiritual upliftment.
Overall, it was quite a life-changing experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment