Venue: Jaffery Islamic Centre
Date: 5/ 9/ 2010
This is a competition between community members set at different age groups in the recitation of the Holy Quran. This time I won for the fourth time in a row. Winning this has motivated me to practice more to move on further to bigger and more competitive competitions.
Recitation is not all that there is to the Quran. Winning these competitions does not mean a lot when I have recited without knowing the meaning hence I have begun reading the English translation along with the Arabic transcript.
Everyday, I make time to recite the Quran so that I improve my recitation skills. This way I can maintain my recitation proficiency and also give me motivation to perform well in other areas. The same motivation I have to recite the Quran, I use in my academics and my sports so that my all-round characteristic improves as well. Therefore, it is not only one thing I am good at, but a whole load of other things as well. In addition, my options are open in whatever I want to do and at anytime. All this has taught me many things including time-management in that I have to plan out what I do. I will be able to apply this later on in life as I will need it more.
No comments:
Post a Comment