Wednesday, 13 July 2011

AL-ASR BRAIN OF THE HAYDARI MADRASAH

Madrasah - School
Venue: Jaffery Islamic Centre
Date: 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21/ August/ 2010

This is another activity that is carried out during the nights of Ramadhan. It is simply a quiz competition, individual and team, which comprises of questions from an Islamic perspective, from the outside and general knowledge. I actually won the previous year after quite a bit of hard work. I also learnt many new pieces of information and I learnt the importance of knowledge and developed a particular interest in it through this competition. I hope to win again this year.

1 comment:

  1. The next time the month of Ramadhan came around, it was completely different because this time I was not participating, I was actually part of the group that was organising it. I had joined this group just before Ramadhan began.

    This time our team thought that we should do something different so that the participants are even more interested. For this reason we decided to change the format of the competition to one similar to the famous game 'Who wants to be a Millionaire?' We called it 'Who wants to be a Brainaire?' Although this caused much controversy as to whether the word 'Brainaire' belongs to the English language, the competition was quite a success. There were a total of 8 teams who participated and I was the main speaker in almost all of the games. By the end of the month, it was sad that the competition was over because it was a time where we all came to know a lot and also recognised many potential participants, one of who actually won the individual competition.

    ReplyDelete