PTO PICNIC
Date: 4th
September,2010, 6th September 2011
The PTO picnic is
an event that comes at the beginning of the school year. It is an effort to
welcome new parents to the International School of Kenya. This event comprises
of various activities mainly for the new children coming to the school that
year. There are food stalls which sell various snacks to those at the event.
The event is welcome to students and parents who are already part of the
International School of Kenya community. The aim of this is so that new
students are able to interact with students already studying at the school and
make new friends. New parents can also get acquainted with parents that are
part of the ISK community.
For both events, I was at one of the food stalls
selling hot dogs. Cutting the buns and
inserting the sausages was a skill I could use in the future when I have to
face the outside world. I will be alone after I finish high school and I will
need to be able to take care of myself. This will help me do that. I also got
the satisfaction of serving the community in the case of serving food with my
own hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment